You may be considering blocking calls on your phone for a variety of reasons. The most common scenario is the continuous reception of advertising calls. If you want to stop receiving unwanted calls, pay attention to the advice we give you in this article.
Block calls on Android without apps
The first method to block calls that we recommend is to use the native application of your device. Depending on the manufacturer the process may change slightly. However, the steps to follow are usually very similar.
- To block a call, go to the call history by clicking on Recents. In this section, you will find the easiest way to block specific calls.
- Make a long press on the incoming call (you can also do it with the outgoing and the missed calls) to open the menu. Then, click on Block number.
- Confirm the block by tapping on Block.
- Additionally, it is possible to block specific numbers. To do this, go to the phone app settings and tap on Blocked numbers.
- Use the Add number button to add a new number to the block list.
- After entering the number in the text field, the block will be in effect. In this list, you can also check the blocked calls from the Recents section. After taking these steps, you will no longer receive calls from that specific number.
Block calls on Android with apps
In addition to the native application of your device, you can use various tools that will provide you with additional functions. Here are some of them.
Truecaller is one of the most effective applications when it comes to blocking calls. In addition, it allows you to identify even those numbers that are not registered in your phonebook. After installing and setting it as the default calling app, you will need to enter your number. You will receive a call to confirm that it is a real number.
After completing the initial setup, you will access the call log. Make a long press on any of the entries and, in the three-dot menu, select Block. Once this is done, calls from that number will no longer bother you.
In much the same way, Clever Dialer can help you block calls quickly and easily. Again, you need to set this tool as the default application to manage your calls. So, open the lock tab.
- Select the Blocklist option.
- Click on the + (plus) symbol and choose an option. If it’s about blocking incoming calls, go for the Phone number from the call log. So you can choose a number from the call log.
- Click on the call to apply the restriction.
- Finally, you will have blocked the call on your Android device.